Friday, July 3, 2009

Girls Camp 2009

The past 3 yrs I've been going up to Girls Camp as a ward director. This year I was asked to be in charge of the YCL 16s (16 yr old girls). I loved it and had a blast. This was by far my favorite year so far. I had 3 other great leaders working with me. Rebekah Hanson, Dena Schmidt, and Kristine Shutt. All the girls we had were amazing and hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time. It definitely took a lot of planning and preparation but it so paid off!! Brian is now the new COPE director (Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience) it a ropes course. He was totally in his own!!! He'll be doing this for the next 4 years. He had such a great year. It's such a huge payoff to see these young women overcome challenges and gain confidence in themselves and trust others. I'll just post some random pictures and videos.





Me and Kristine




The girls have to get from one side of the rope to the other without falling off. It's pretty fun to watch.


Melanie Kester-applying sunblock and Rebekah
Some more pictures of the archery range...







All the 16's / brainstorming skit ideas at our "home base" (Trading Post cabin)



Prince Edward and Giselle made an appearance too.

There are many more pictures, but I think this is just enough to show that we had a great time.

1 comment:

makana said...

I bet you are an amazing leader. I wish we could have gone to camp together. I know.. move on out to texas! You would so love it.